Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mom for Hire

Lately, the biggest argument between E and I would be my lack of employment. He wants me to go back to work so I can help with the bills. I am hesitant because I really want to go to school. I have a degree in biology, but it is a general bio degree which means I don't have enough specialized training for many jobs I am finding. I am also afraid of juggling everything if I am working. I am barely holding it all together and I stay home. If When he deploys, I am on my own. I will be both parents to those girls. I will be the one to stay home if they are sick, shuffle them to appointments, try to spend quality time at home along with everything else that comes in life. I also like being home with the girls. I love the freedom I have. We can decide at the last second to go to the zoo or the park. I don't have to worry about appointments. I can schedule them whenever I want. If E gets home early one day, we can hop in the car and take a fun day trip. That will end if I get a job. However, I am tired of carrying student loans around. I want Hannah in a school environment. She needs it. She is craving it. I try to provide for her here, but she needs teachers and other kids. I am terrified of sending Meeghan to day care, but I guess I would get over it. In the end, I know what I need to do. I need to help dig our family out of this debt and find a job. Let's hope I can find one.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your career search!
    We are sort of facing the same issues. I'd like to go back to work, but I don't want to give up my days with M! Like you said, the freedom to go on fun, spontaneous trips would be difficult to give up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!