Monday, May 20, 2013
I have been battling with what I believe to be postpartum anxiety (which I never knew existed until I was reading about postpartum depression.) I was never really anxious about odd stuff like I am now. Social situations scare the crap out of me. Driving over a bridge? Scares me as well. Ants eating my kids while they are asleep? You better believe it keeps me awake at night. I had issues with this starting after Hannah was born, but now it seems much worse than before Meeghan was born. We had ants coming out of an electrical outlet in our master bedroom last night and I freaked out. The husband killed them all, and he made me look at it. I cried. I started full on crying and I had to run out of the room. I couldn't sleep in the room. I slept on the couch. I made Meeghan sleep in the pack and play in the living room because I didn't want them to come out of the wall in the closet. (She sleeps in our master bedroom closet. It is a big closet!) Today I bought all the ant poison I could find to kill the little bastards before they come in my house again. I am lucky enough to be invited to a Wednesday Wine group every week. Although I always want to go out with other adults, when Wednesday arrives I start to feel sick at the thought of leaving the house to socialize. I am afraid to leave my kids. I am afraid to go into a social group and try to act normal. I am not a fancy person so I am never dressed up like the other which makes me feel insecure. I feel like everything I say is dumb. I feel like they don't like me. I used to be confident. I used to not care if someone liked me. Now it feels like I don't even know myself anymore. My husband wants me to get a job when we move to Jacksonville, and the thought of leaving Meeghan at a day care frightens me. I can't even imagine letting someone take care of her for that long every day. With Hannah it is easier since she is older and can communicate with me about her day. I should probably stop reading about horrible day care centers. Basically, I don't really recognize myself any more. I am sure I could benefit from some therapy, but at the moment it isn't affordable and we are moving in 8 weeks. I keep telling myself that a change of scenery will be good for me. I haven't really enjoyed South Texas. I hope a new location will help tremendously.
Monday, May 13, 2013
I don't have a real post for you today. It is mostly just a collection of random thoughts about the two girls that take up most of my time these days.
- I am pretty sure Hannah is jealous of Meeghan. She has pulled a few stunts that lead me to think she isn't too thrilled that she has a sister.
- Meeghan will only poop during car rides. For the last week, Meeghan has taken it upon herself to crap her pants in the car. We may only be in the car for 5 minutes, and it is in those 5 minutes she chooses to poop. It was cute at first, but now it is becoming annoying.
- Hannah had her first music program at school. She loved it!
- I am ashamed to admit that I placed an ad to sell breast milk. In the future I will donate, but right now we need the money. We are still waiting on our reimbursement for our move. We are facing another move in 2 months, and I am trying to find a way to get back to KC next month for my family reunion.
- Speaking of my family reunion, my family has 4 new babies. The oldest was born in September and the youngest was born last week. I really want to make it home so Meeghan can meet her new cousins. One is only 2 weeks younger than her. The other 3 babies were all born to sisters (cousins of mine) which means my aunt and uncle gained 3 new grandbabies in a matter of 8 months plus one new great niece. I need to see all these babies!
Monday, May 6, 2013
I know I have been gone awhile. What can I say? I haven't learned to balance life with two kids yet. I am trying, but things that don't involve children and housework have been shoved to the side lately. I wanted to hop on quickly to show off this cutie. Meeghan is 5 months old today. I am guessing she is 14 pounds and 23 or so inches. She has huge feet. I put her in 6-9 month pajamas and her feet are busting out of them. She can still wear 3-6 onesies, but she needs 6-9 pants. She must have a short torso and long legs. She can sit unassisted for a bit, not too long, but she can sit assisted. She is pushing up on her arms and trying to push up on her knees. She will be crawling before I know it! Her sleep sucks lately, but I hope it is due to her cold. She has started rolling over in her sleep and I think it pisses her off that she ends up on her stomach. She also likes to sleep with her face buried into the mattress so I spend half the night trying to turn her head the side. I think most of the time she is resting her head on her hands so there is a bit of space, but it still freaks me out. I know she is strong enough to turn her head to breathe, but I still worry. Here are a few pictures of her taken yesterday.