- I have a 95% test average in my class right now. All the late night study sessions are paying off.
- Meeghan is 99% potty trained. At night one of us has to wake her to take her to the bathroom, but most morning she is waking up dry. Plus she is over her fear of public restrooms! A few weeks ago she had no choice but to go in one, and she did. Since that night she has gone without a fuss. It has made outings so nice.
- E is taking leave in a few days so we are taking a mini vacation
- Hannah ate mashed potatoes last night! I know it doesn't sound like a huge deal, but for 2 years she has been refusing to eat them. Last night she helped me make them, and decided she wanted to try them. I can finally make potato dishes again!
- I may have made a friend here. She is close to my age and has two boys close to my girls' ages. We were talking about going to Disney together while our husbands are gone.
- E was promoted this month. The pay raise is always nice when trying to pay down our debt.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Things around here haven't been especially happy and positive lately so I thought I would post all the good things happening. I have been in a funk, and I am hoping that focusing on the positive will help break out of it.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
It has been almost a month. I am slacking lately. E was home on leave which I thought would be relaxing. Ha! He decided he needed to do stuff so we painted the living room, kitchen, and the hallways. As well painting the cabinets. We also threw in a day trip to Disney. It was not relaxing like I hoped. It was tiring! Let me tell you, all the squatting I did to paint the baseboards counted as cross training. My booty was sore for a few days. What free time I do have has been spent catching up on my classwork. We have to type labs and study questions. I was far behind, and my notebook is due soon. I needed to type all this stuff so I can get back on schedule. We did sneak in a date night. It consisted of going to dinner and then Target, but it was nice to eat and shop without kids. We are running out of time to hang out as a family of four. A deployment date has been issued and now it is looming over us. Thankfully, he will be here for Hannah's first day of kindergarten. Also, his mom will be moving here to help out so I don't have to hire someone while I am in school. The girls are pretty excited to have grandma here for a few months. I am hoping I can be more consistent with updating. I am still struggling with balancing everything right now. I promise I will try harder though!