Friday, October 11, 2013

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

A few weeks ago we decided to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World. I have never been to the party so I wasn't sure what to expect. Hannah was so excited to wear her costume and go trick-or-treating. This would be our first time staying in the parks after 6pm with both girls so we weren't sure how it would work. It was great that it wasn't too crowded so we were able to walk onto rides without much of a wait. They had a special parade and fireworks show as well as certain areas where you could collect candy. That was Hannah's favorite part. Unfortunately, it rained which delayed the parade. Hannah was so excited to see the parade and we had to wait almost an hour for the parade to start. She missed the end of the parade because of a bathroom emergency which was my fault. I didn't even think about taking her to the bathroom while waiting for the parade and of course her little bladder couldn't wait. She cried when she found out we missed the end. Luckily, she was able to see Mickey and the gang which meant she saw Minnie in her costume.



Hannah wanted to be a witch just like Minnie so I found this costume online. I am not crafty enough to make a costume on my own. Meeghan is a pumpkin since I needed something that wouldn't be too hot and wouldn't be a pain when changing a diaper. Overall, it was nice that the rides had a short line but I am not sure I would pay the money again. Maybe when they are older and can ride more. We also went to the Food and Wine Festival the next day at Epcot. I will definitely go next year. It was delicious. I loved trying all the different foods. We still joke about driving down there for the day just to eat. 

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! :) Such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun!
    Next year we might just have to take Marcus to Disney Land for this! I think he might be a little too young to appreciate it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to go! Especially if it's not too crowded.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!