Tuesday, October 30, 2012

They all have names

The husband and I were discussing past relationships the other day, and I realized that I never refer to them by name.  I gave nicknames to all the guys I dated in the past and they have stuck.  I also gave nicknames to the women of his past.  I am not sure I know one of them by their actual name.  I wondered if that is something that just I do, or if others do it as well.  I can remember when I first started dating my husband, co-workers nicknamed him Army Boy or Soldier Boy (he was in the Army at the time).  He didn't get a first name at work until we were serious.  I guess it can be a defense mechanism in case things fall apart early.  A few of the better nicknames are Crazy Boy, Hairless Cat Boy, and Crazy Iowa Chick.  Does anyone else give nicknames to past flings?  If so, do you have any good ones?

6 comments:

  1. Haha, yes! We so do the same thing in my circle of friends...or then end up with some really crazy nickname making fun of something about them. Too funny :) Stopping by from walkabout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I called my ex my "friend boy" the entire 11 months we dated when I spoke about him. If anyone tried to call him my boyfriend, I would correct them. Yeah, I didn't really like him that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the link up! New follower! Looking forward to following along!

    Would love to have you stop by!
    lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Wednesday Walkabout. Hairless Cat Boy made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never forget Hairless Cat Boy. He was creepy!

      Delete
  5. Lol. I have names for his ex's, but most of them aren't ones I could use in front of anyone but him (partially because a couple are mean, and partially because most of our friends know his ex's because all our friends and his ex went to the Academy).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!