Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thank you aviation gods!

Things in my house have been a bit tense the last few weeks.  The husband had a bit of trouble one week with a couple of flights.  He failed two in a row which is never good.  He was given extra training and a progress check.  If you fail those, well, your career in the Navy doesn't look great.  Luckily, he passed those and moved on to finish the block of flights.  Thursday was his checkride for his first solo flight in the jet.  Oh my goodness, the tension was so thick.  He was  almost canceled due to weather, but he was able to complete it and he passed!  Thank goodness!  Yesterday, he flew the jet all by himself for the first time.  I can tell the weight has been lifted off his shoulders because he is in a great mood now.  He still has a few months of training left in this phase, but I hope it is smooth sailing from here on out.  It was a pretty scary few weeks.  We weren't sure what to do since we don't have a plan B, and I think we were both wondering if we would have to figure out a new life for our family.

3 comments:

I'd love your opinion!