Friday, January 17, 2014

5 weeks to go

After 3 visits to the doctor, and a trip to the ER, it appears E is slowly recovering from his virus. Although I am not completely convinced it was just a stomach virus. He is sleeping a lot, and he still has a headache. I guess the virus on top of running/waling a marathon is too much for a body.

Now that E's marathon is finished, I can focus on my race. I am so freaking ready for this thing. I have completed a 12.5 mile training run, and I felt strong when I finished. I have 14 scheduled for this weekend. For some reason 14 seems so intimidating. I don't know if it is because it is longer than the race or what, but I am ready to tackle it. This run is my last long run on the training program, but I am 3 weeks ahead of the program so I am not sure what to do. I am supposed to run the 14 miles 2 weeks before the half. I am torn on just running a mid-distance run 2 weeks before and then taper, or if I should add another mile and shoot for 15. I don't want to over train and injure myself, but at the same time I want to know if I can run that far (especially since I am considering Dopey next year). I am terrified that I will spend all this time training, and money, only to be injured.  

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your hubby is one the road to feeling better.
    If you ran 14 this week, shoot for a 10-miler the week before your race, and then follow your normal taper program.
    Cannot wait to hear now you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your husband feels better!

    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!