Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Survival

In the short, almost 22 months, that I have been a parent I realize that at the end of the day I slap myself on the back for surviving another day.  I feel like I won the battle if Hannah goes to bed without much of a fuss.  Lately, I feel like all I do is try to survive each hour with her.  I don't know if it is the onset of the terrible twos or if she wakes up on the ornery side of the bed everyday, but I am struggling.  Discipline is a joke. She just laughs or runs away from me when she misbehaves.  I feel like a broken record.  Now she is starting to bite me.  I am sure some of it is for attention.  Most days it is just she and I, and I only have so many hands.  I still have other duties like cleaning and cooking that take time away from her.  I try to have her help me with some of the chores, but my patience wears thin and I try to get her to do something else.  I know I need more patience, and I am working on it, but it is a slow process.  I feel like a bad mom these days.  I am hoping it is a rough patch, and that by next week she and I will find our groove again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your opinion!