Sunday, November 20, 2011

That's right Iceman, I am dangerous

Friday, the husband's squadron had a Taxi Day.  This allowed family members to don the flight gear and taxi the training plane down a runway.  It felt really weird wearing a flight suit and trying to figure out the helmet.

They give you a quick summary about how to get into the plane and what you should not touch.  Then you head outside and wait to climb into the plane.  I was pretty excited for my turn.  I remember staring at all the instruments and buttons wondering how in the world pilots remember what each one does.

The instructor gave me a little lesson how to control the plane and off we went!  I was able to follow the yellow line and turn fairly well.  It was a bit scary since there were other planes around and I was supposed to avoid them.  We did a quick lap around the runway and that was it.

As you can see, I thought it was a lot of fun, but I will leave the flying to my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! That's so cool that your husband's squad includes the families like that!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!