Thursday, July 11, 2013

Home!

A 14 hour trip turned into an 18.5 hour trip, but we made it home last night.  Leaving at 4 in the morning makes for some cranky adults and hyper children.  Meeghan was pretty pissed about being in the car seat so much.  I am definitely not looking forward to the move in a few weeks although we will split that into two days.

I had so much fun in KC! It was great to see my family and friends.  Hannah slept in a bunk bed and loved it.  Meeghan received a ton on attention, and she definitely loved it. It stinks it took 7 months for my family to meet her, but I am glad they were able to see her now. I am pretty sure I gained about 10 pounds from all the food I ate.  I have been home for less than 24 hours, but I am already craving barbecue.  Texas barbecue just isn't the same.  I am hoping we can make it back for Thanksgiving or Christmas so we don't go an entire year without visiting.  Once I finally make it through all my pictures I will post some.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time and that you are home safely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think missing good BBQ ever really goes away! We always stock up on our favorite sauces when we're home because our options here are nonexistent.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!