Friday, September 16, 2011

A woman's role?

I am a person who likes to have my time.  Time to myself to relax and unwind.  I need a few minutes away from everyone to do what I want to do.  I do not need to be surrounded by people at all times.  I know some people like to be around others all day, but for me it doesn't work.  I have found since becoming a wife and mother that I seem to lose that alone time I once had as a single person.  I know I get time to myself (for example this very moment I am the only awake in the house and it is not even 9pm).  It feels like though that I am always giving, giving, giving.  I wake up and take care of the dogs.  Then I feed Hannah and take care of her.  Then it is on to my morning chores around the house.  Take care of Hannah and the dogs during the day.  Husband comes home, I cook dinner and some nights help him study.  He leaves again to study and I take care of Hannah and dogs.  I get Hannah to bed, husband comes home.  He then wants to talk to me, and watch some tv with me.  I do feel like I have lost my "me" time.  I know I just need to be better at time management or something.  Or stop feeling guilty for sitting around.  I feel guilty for sitting right now.  I feel like I should be cleaning up the playroom and dusting.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

In very different, but light hearted news, I finally bought new shoes for Hannah.  Poor girl was wearing shoes that were 2 sizes too small.  I had no clue her feet had grown that much!  Around the house she never wears shoes, but she needed tennis shoes for fall.  I felt so bad when I realized she needed size 6 instead of 5 like I thought.  She likes her new purple, sparkle shoes, and I found a pair of Elmo slippers that she loves.  Elmo makes everything better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your opinion!