Friday, September 2, 2011

The waves are angry

Today the family went to Pensacola Beach to check out the incoming storm.  Having lived in landlocked midwest all my life, I have never seen any kind of tropical storm in my life.  I really wanted to see what the sea would look like, and I was impressed.  I know this sounds weird, but I would love to see the waves with a hurricane approaching.  I don't want the destruction of a hurricane, but I would like to see what it does to the water.  I kept taking pictures because I was so mesmerized.  I also saw my first jellyfish ever.  I have seen tornadoes, blizzards, ice storms, and even a tiny dust storm.  I am starting to feel like a Floridian.  I want to go back during the weekend to see how large the waves are then which makes me feel like a tourist.  I can't help it.  This stuff fascinates me.  I know that the storms cause massive problems and damage which is horrible, but I guess the scientist in me loves to see it develop and watch it move.  I like to look outside when the tornado sirens go off to see the rotation.  What can I say?  I am a science nerd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your opinion!