Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Potty training

I am so over potty training. Meeghan was doing awesome, and now she has regressed. We went to Disney at the beginning of March, and we let her wear underwear. She only had one accident the entire weekend. I was so happy! We went to Magic Kingdom on Sunday, and she had two accidents within an hour. She is terrified of public bathrooms suddenly. She used to ask to go in them constantly. Now she screams if we even try to take her in one. I have started taking her little training potty in the car anytime we leave the house. At home, she does great. She even woke up during the night to tell me she had to go potty. It is when we leave the house that we have a problem. On Sunday, we finally put a diaper on her which is not helping her, but I was out of spare clothes. The other issue is she won't poop in a toilet. She will do it in her underwear, or wait until she is wearing her bedtime diaper. I am hoping a bit of time will solve these problems, but the kid is so darn stubborn I am not sure how long to wait.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things aren't going well, hopefully time will solve the problems. Sending you lots of positive vibes for your sanity. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am ready to be finished with diapers so I am frustrated. I need to remember to let her do it in her own time.

      Delete
  2. Potty training is never easy! Pooping on the toilet seems to be the hardest for kids to get. Have you tried asking her why she doesn't like to? When I was a nanny and potty training the little girl she told me she didn't like the splash hitting her bum. I laid a few pieces of toilet paper in the toilet and the problem was solved. I'm not saying it will be that easy but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have asked, but she never answers. I will keep plugging away until I can find a way to convince her the toilet is better than the diaper. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear potty training isn't going well.
    My friend has just started to convince her 3 year 3 month old that potty training is a good idea, and it's not going well for her either.
    Hang in there. I know it's annoying, but one of these days it will be smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!