Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I channeled my inner Clark Griswold

A week ago, E and I thought it was a great idea to hop in the car and drive 1100 miles to KC in one trip. Boy were we wrong! I will spare you the details, but I will say that I was 90 miles from my brother's house when I realized I was driving with my eyes closed. I found a rest area and slept for an hour only to wake to sleet hitting the car. 18 hours there, 20 hours back to Florida. We made it home at 5:30 Monday morning. I slept for a few hours and then took Hannah to school since she slept in the car.

Anyway, on to the good stuff! Thanksgiving I finally saw my extended family for the first time in 2.5 years. It was the first time they had met Meeghan, and the first time I met the other babies. There was food and laughter which makes for a successful holiday. I even took a cake so everyone could sing Happy Birthday to Meeghan (her birthday is Saturday).

She really wanted to take Sofia off the cake

This kid loves cake

My dad was amused

Some cousins enjoying balloons and tv

4 of these kids are 2 and under with one more on the way

Hannah and E love cranberry sauce. I forgot to take it to dinner so they had it for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to go home - even though the drive doesn't sound like much fun. Nothing beats family during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, so glad you were able to be with family.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!