Saturday, February 2, 2013

Help!

I have a problem.  I have a few hundred ounces of breast milk in my freezer, and I am not sure the best way to move it.  The husband and I are thinking throw it in a cooler with some dry ice.  It is only an hour between here and the new place.  However, it is in the 70s and 80s here so it won't take long for the milk to warm if we don't do this correctly.  I really don't want to lose that milk.  Have any of you moved with a freezer stash of breast milk?  If so, how did you do it?

7 comments:

  1. i say dry ice, but i have zero idea! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of people using dry ice. It's worth a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third the dry ice idea... But, honestly I'm a clueless. I hope whatever your method of transportation is works! Losing all that liquid gold would be terrible! Good luck with ALL your travel/moving!
    Newest follower! Would love you to swing by
    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-different-run.html
    for a return follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this a problem that is so far over my head, it's funny. I have an image of George Castanza trying to keep his frogger video game machine plugged in while he moves it across the street in order to save his high score. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am picturing George Castanza, and I can't stop laughing. Thanks for the laugh! :)

      Delete
  5. Throw it in a cooler with some ice?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!